The internet is a breeding ground for creativity, so it is no shock that making cereal pancakes is one of them. The only question now is, why did it take so long to come up with such a great idea? Sure, it can take a little longer to make and you will need to flip them all, but it’s somehow different and they are just as good as my favorite 3 ingredient pancakes!
Let’s make it.
You can follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more recipes and delicious food.
What do I need to make cereal pancakes?
There are endless ways you can make cereal pancakes. You can go the easy route and use a pancake mix or you can make your own pancakes with baking ingredients (what I did). You can do this either way, as it will not impact taste.
The one thing I did not have was a restaurant bottle to make small dollops of the batter in the pan. I tried a zip lock and maybe cut the corner too big, so that failed me. However, after rummaging through my kitchen I found a water bottle with a squirt lid and it ran perfectly through there.
You will also need a frying pan (large preferred), a spatula of some sort or even a fork and some oil.
How are cereal pancakes different from regular pancakes?
Technically, they aren’t. They are just smaller, like a nickel or quarter. BUT they are fun to eat. This will be your new favorite breakfast recipe.
For this recipe you can just eat them in a bowl. I just used some butter and syrup but you can also add milk.
If you like other things like peanut butter, Nutella, fruit, etc – throw it in.
Pro tip: the butter likely won’t melt on top of the pancakes, you can either place your bowl in the microwave for 15 seconds OR in a pan, place a pat of butter and let it melt, then throw your cereal pancakes in and coat. Serve immediately.
How do I make cereal Pancakes?
Cereal pancakes are like regular pancakes but smaller and fun to eat! Perfect for anyone of any age.
- 2 Cups of all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of oil or melted butter
- 1.5 Cups of milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1. Preheat large frying pan or griddle on a medium heat setting (you do not want to burn your pancakes) and lightly grease with oil
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until combined.
3. Add all wet ingredients into bowl and mix until smooth.
4. Add prepared pancake batter to a squirt bottle.
5. Add small dollops (quarter sized or smaller) of pancake batter in lines across the hot pan or skillet to get as many as possible on there without touching.
6. When cooked on the bottom, flip each one.
7. When done, remove from heat and start next batch until complete.
8. Add toppings and enjoy!
Pin for Pinterest