Whether you are short on time or just looking for a visually pleasing dish to serve, I am going to teach you how to build your own waffle board. These boards are especially popular for families and brunch parties. It allows people to get whatever they want and you can make the variety as big as you like.
So let’s make it.
Ingredients For Your Waffle Board
The main ingredient you need for your waffle board is: waffles!
Don’t get caught up in not having a perfect board to present them on. To be quite honest, I used a cutting board that has a handle. But feel free to find the board that you love.
Waffles are the main ingredient and some type of board or dish to present the creation on. What you add after that is completely up to you.
For this board, I did two types of waffles, both big and small, and then on the board I added: whipped cream, peanut butter, syrup, Nutella, strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate chips.
Assembling Your Waffle Board
Assembling is the best part of the waffle board, I think. Just have fun with it. I did look online to see what others were doing, but I made my own design. Also, you can copy mine exactly if you want, I know figuring out how to place things can take time. I played with the arrangement for about 30 minutes until I was happy with it.
There is no right or wrong way to create this because the waffle board is going to look great no matter what you do with. You will have all your ingredients on the board and easy to access. Everyone will be thrilled with the creativity.
Make Your Own Waffles Or Frozen?
I’ll be completely honest, I used Eggo frozen waffles for this waffle board. That’s why it is the lazy version!
You can make whatever you want though. Belgian waffles, Liege waffles, frozen waffles, gluten free waffles, mini waffle, round waffles, ALL THE WAFFLES, a combination of homemade and frozen waffles, there is no wrong waffle.
How To Build Your Own Waffle Board
- Syrup of Choice
- Peanut Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- You will also need some type of board or dish to display your work of art on.
- Get all your ingredients together that you want to use on your waffle board.
- Wash fruits and dry.
- Fill your small dishes with peanut butter, Nutella, syrup, and whipped cream.
- Toast your waffles. You can put them on a sheet pan in the stove at the lowest setting while you are toasting them all to keep them warm.
- While the waffles are toasting, you can start organizing your board. Make sure to put your board where you want it to end up so you don't drop it trying to move it. Start with the biggest items first and getting an idea of the layout. You want the bowls and the waffles to fit and then you can fit in the berries and chocolate chips in the blank spaces.
- When the waffles are done toasting, take them all and arrange them however you like. I did two big stacks. With the small ones, I did a gathered pile.
- Once the waffles and dishes are on your board, fit the berries and chocolate chips in wherever fits and looks good to you.
- Eat up!
Pin for Pinterest
Nickiieats is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com